The beautiful home of Kappa Kappa Gamma located at 915 E. Broadway was graciously donated by the help of the many alumnae that wanted to continue to help Alpha Chapter live up to its legacy of greatness. In prior years, Alpha Chapter did not have a home to call their own; however, that officially changed on April 22, when the Kappa Kappa Gamma Alpha Chapter House at 915 E. Broadway was formally dedicated.
The Alpha Chapter House, a grand Colonial Revival mansion, was built in 1896 and went through several owners until it was recently acquired to be the new home of Kappa's very own Alpha Chapter. The house, which has undergone an extensive renovation, sits on a 33,062-square-foot lot that includes a tennis court and two-car garage.
Our sisters are beyond grateful for this beautiful home for more reasons than those that meet the eye. It's especially important knowing that more than 150 donors contributed nearly $432,000, and there is an additional $95,000 in near-term pledges.
With 3,516 square feet – including eight rooms and four bedrooms on the finished first and second floors – the new home offers us a sweet campus escape without ever having to step foot off of it!
The Stewart House:
Charter Room Dining Room
Library Living Room
Memorial Patio Sun Room
The Home of Mary “Minnie” Stewart (one of Kappa’s six founders, and first Kappa President) is located at 1015 E Euclid Ave, Monmouth, IL 61462. Many of the chapter’s first meetings were held at her home, and in 1989 the home was announced on the National Register of Historic Places. The home displays historic artifacts such as; our organization’s Constitution and signed Charter. The museum highlights the organization’s accomplishments and serves as a place where Alpha chapter holds recruitment parties, bid day activities, ceremonies, and meetings.